Now that we are about seven months into the COVID-19 pandemic since we began quarantining in March, every business, organization, and school has had to implement new strategies to keep everyone safe. While each place has different demands, everyone must maintain safe operations. Here at DSG, we have helped many businesses find the best industrial cleaning equipment in Kansas City at our shop and discover new ways to CLEAN. With that, what is your cleaning protocol?
Every day we are learning new information regarding the coronavirus disease, such as death rates, symptoms, and how it is transmitted. The best way to know which course of action you should take with your cleaning is to stay up-to-date with reputable sources like WHO, CDC, Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), and International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA). They are constantly updating their websites with information. Also, be sure to verify your source is legitimate. There is a lot of fake news about the coronavirus online.
Ensure Proper Cleaning
You can’t prevent the spread of COVID-19 if you don’t have proper cleaning practices in place. Make sure you have a cleaning checklist to follow and that it complies with CDC guidelines such as the following:
- Always wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting
- Clean surfaces with soap and water before disinfecting for optimal results
- Practice routine cleaning of surfaces that are frequently touched (doorknobs, light switches, tables and counters, toys, elevator buttons, railings)
- Use a disinfectant on List N: Disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2, such as Vital Oxide.
Use The Right Cleaning Products
Like we just mentioned, using a disinfectant that is approved by the CDC is crucial. Not all disinfectants or industrial cleaning equipment are effective at removing the disease from surfaces. Three products and equipment we carry at DSG that has proven effective at eliminating SARS-CoV-2 from surfaces include:
- Vital Oxide
- Victory Electrostatic Handheld Sprayers
- Victory Electrostatic Backpack Sprayers
- Optima Steamers
- Disinfectant Wipes
How often you clean your building or workplace will depend on the pandemic outbreak in that area and activity level. For instance, an area with a more severe outbreak or has high levels of activity will require more frequent cleaning to prevent the spread. Here is an excellent graphic from Cemex that provides examples of areas and how often they should be cleaned:
Other Basic Principle and Procedures
In addition to all of the information listed above, ensure you implement the following basic principles and procedures:
- Promote social distancing
- Cancel large events that would create crowded conditions
- Enforce regular hand washing
- Setup sanitation stations throughout your building
- Establish protocol if someone becomes unwell
- Increase airflow and ventilation in your building when possible
- Recognize the symptoms of COVID-19
Do you have a cleaning protocol established for your place of work or school? Do you have the best industrial cleaning equipment at your side to help you clean? If not, we can help. We have a variety of disinfection supplies and equipment available to keep your business or school up to CDC standards. If you are unsure whether you want to invest right away, we also have the best cleaning equipment rental in Kansas City for you. Give us a call at 816-483-1580 today to see how you can benefit from the best industrial cleaning equipment at DSG!