Pressure washing is your solution to cleaning the dirtiest of surfaces. At DSG, where we sell the best cleaning equipment rental in Kansas City and the best industrial parts washers in Kansas City, we tell our customers all the time how safe they have to be when operating a pressure washer, because it can be dangerous if used improperly. Whether you’re renting the best pressure washer rental in Kansas City or purchasing one to keep, here are some pressure washer safety tips.
- Never turn a pressure washer on until all hoses are locked in place.
- Always stand firmly and grip tightly when turning on the hose since the pressure creates a kickback.
- Do not leave a pressure washer on unattended.
- Check to make sure you’re using the correct attachments (nozzles, wands, hoses) before use. Using the wrong parts can result in major problems.
- Start by spraying the pressure washer far enough away from the surface to avoid pressure damage and flying particles.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment – such as goggles – to prevent any possible injuries.
- Never disable safety features.
- Be mindful of any chemical solutions you may use. Some may be harmful when exposed to skin or emit fumes that shouldn’t be inhaled. (Instead of using harsh chemicals, we recommend the best mobile cleaning solutions in Kansas City, which are safe to use.)
- Only allow those who have received proper training to use the best pressure washer rental in Kansas City.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and any small hazards that could lead to injury on your part or someone else.
- Never use a fuel-powered pressure washer indoors without proper ventilation. Always choose electric machines if you plan on working primarily indoors.
Stay even safer with our CLEAN Accountability Plan. This plan is a commitment between you and our team at DSG to help you get the most out of the best industrial cleaning equipment in Kansas City. Our plan includes equipment and system tune-up, ongoing performance of scheduled maintenance, recommended accessories, which Kansas City mobile cleaning solutions to use for each application, and operator training and safety certification. The DSG Clean Accountability Plan is designed to keep the customers’ machine’s running at peak performance, so it’s more efficient, effective and safe.